A simple, honest and quality service that you can rely on.
Here at Toolfix, we believe in providing you with a fast and reliable solution to order all of the supplies you need for your business, from hardware to consumables, With UK mainland shipping it is as quick and easy for you as possible and backed by the support from our dedicated team of honest and knowledgeable advisers who are ready to help with your enquiry.
To speak to one of our advisers, contact us today.
We work on building customer relationships.
We believe in establishing long-term customer relationships here at Toolfix. We listen to and understand the needs of our customers so that we can succeed in fulfilling their demands and earn the respect to do business again and again.
We’re here to help – not just to fulfil orders.
We believe that you deserve to speak with someone who understands your trade. From product dimensions to technical advice – our team have the knowledge, expertise and experience to help with your enquiry and find the exact products you require.
No compromise on quality.
We believe in supplying you with only the best products available, which is why everything in our product range has been tried & tested by trade professionals, meet all industry regulations, and has passed our quality seal of approval – all at the best prices possible.
Next Day Delivery – as standard
We believe that you should receive the goods you’ve ordered as quickly as possible, which is why we always use a next day delivery service, as standard on all of the orders we ship – at no extra cost to you.
We’ve been supplying joiners and builders with high quality products and outstanding service ever since we opened our doors for the first time back in 1987. Toolfix has been a family run business since the beginning, engaged in pursuing the aims of “providing proper expert advice and supplying customers as quickly as possible at the fairest prices”. Not much has changed over four generations of the Burt family – our core values remain the same, and providing high quality products and outstanding service has always been our goal.
A Brief History Toolfix Services was opened by Sydney Burt (aka Grandad) and his son David Burt back in November 1987 from just the tiny front room of their house, with the aim to provide Peterborough with a local specialist Tools & Fixings supplier to serve those in the trade. It wasn’t long before they moved to their first shop in Victoria Street – although it wasn’t much bigger, at just 12sq ft!
By October 1988 Toolfix had relocated to South View Road and was offering regular van deliveries to all of those engaged in woodworking and businesses in the building and construction industries with a range of fixings, hand and electric tools, small woodworking machinery, security products, weatherseal products, plus door and window furniture and fittings.
In 1993 Toolfix Services moved again to a much needed larger premises, this time to Highbury Street, which now benefitted from a large demonstration area of static and portable power tools for woodworking, plus a well-stocked Trade Counter. Now with three generations of the Burt family in partnership, Toolfix grew to become the go-to hardware store in Peterborough where local tradesmen could find the widest range in the area of everything from screws and glue, to hand and power tools – and not forgetting the friendly chats, and the wealth of expert knowledge available.
After seeing four different locations in 15 years, from David’s tiny front room, to 3000sq ft at Highbury Street, Toolfix moved again in 2002 to a 10000sq ft warehouse in Newark Road, Peterborough where we still remain today. The increased warehouse storage space enabled us to stock an even vaster range of products to suit the ever expanding needs of the Joinery and Construction industries.
Toolfix Services remained in partnership until 2013, when in July 2013 the Burt family formed Toolfix Joinery & Construction Supplies Limited to further our progress in pursuing the aims of providing proper expert advice and supplying customers as quickly as possible at the fairest prices. And finally, as we put it in our very first catalogue; “If we have not had the privilege of supplying you, please either visit our showroom and trade counter or contact us to quote for your requirements. We want your business – we know we have to be competitive.”
We believe that you should receive the goods you’ve ordered as quickly as possible, which is why we always use a next day delivery service, as standard on all of the orders we ship – at no extra cost to you. Picked, checked and carefully packed.
ORDER BEFORE 3PM FOR NEXT DAY DELIVERY.
- For all orders placed before 3pm, we aim to despatch your goods on the same working day, subject to stock availability.
- For all orders placed after 3pm, we aim to despatch your order the following working day.
- For orders over £100 +VAT delivery is FREE
- For orders under £100 +VAT delivery is just £7.95
We have a number of additional delivery options available such as Guaranteed Saturday and Before 12 noon. These options incur an additional cost.Please discuss your requirements with a sales adviser for our most competitive price on 01733 347 348.
If you are ordering from outside of Mainland UK, our team will contact you following your order to discuss shipping charges. If you would like more information on our shipping options for addresses outside Mainland UK, please get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01733 347348
Terms & Conditions
Our Conditions of Sale
1. TOOLFIX JOINERY AND CONSTRUCTION SUPPLIES LIMITED (the Company) only transacts business subject to the following conditions. No Purchaser’s conditions shall override these.
2. Price ruling at time of despatch. The Company reserves the right to charge carriage on any order that is below the Company’s carriage-paid order limit from time to time or which is for goods which are unusually heavy, bulky, fragile, large or for which the Company has incurred additional cost in effecting delivery.
3. No order for specially manufactured items shall be cancelled by the Purchaser. Such orders will also be subject to a supply of plus or minus 10% of order quantity.
4. A handling charge will be levied on all correctly supplied goods returned and accepted by the Company for credit.
5. Any shortages or breakages must be reported within 3 days of delivery, otherwise no claims will be accepted by the Company.
6. Title to goods shall not pass to the Purchaser until the invoice price and other money is paid in full, although the risk in the goods passes to the Purchaser on receipt.
7. Goods supplied will conform to manufacturer’s specification. No other specification, descriptive material, written or oral representation, correspondence or statement or promotional or sales literature shall form part of or be incorporated in these conditions.
8. The Company gives no warranty and accepts no liability (other than set out in 7 above) regarding suitability or fitness for purpose, performance, use, quality or merchantability of the goods, whether expressed or implied.
9. Where the Company endeavours to meet an estimated date for delivery of goods, it accepts no legal obligation to deliver by such date and the Company shall not be liable for any loss to the Purchaser resulting from any failure to deliver by such date, howsoever caused.
10. No waiver by the Company, in any one or more instance, in insisting on its rights under these conditions shall be constructed as a future waiver or relinquishment of its rights and the Purchaser’s acceptance of all the Company’s conditions of sale shall continue in full force and effect.
11. [a] Unless agreed in writing payment in full is due no later than the end of the month following the date of the invoice.
[b] Without prejudice to any other rights of the Company, it shall have the right to claim interest on any sums which remain unpaid on the due date at the rate permitted from time to time by the Late Payment Commercial Debts Regulations 2002 (or by any regulations replacing or modifying the same.)
[c] In the event of the Purchaser ceasing to trade for any reason, its directors, partners or proprietors accept, if more than one jointly and severally, personal liability for payment of all sums due to the Company.
[d] The Purchaser agrees:
(i) to accept a surcharge of £15.00 (+ vat) payable forthwith if a cheque in settlement or part settlement of an invoice is dishonoured for any reason.
(ii) that where goods are supplied on credit the minimum invoice value shall be £25.00 (+ VAT) per calendar month.
12. Credit account terms are given subject to regular activity on the account and adherence to these Conditions of Sale. Failure to comply with either of these will result in the account automatically reverting to ‘Cash Sale’ status, at the discretion of the Company.