Superbly engineered to provide high-security multi-point locking of external doors, Winkhaus have developed the Universal “Repair Lock” for retrofit applications.
Winkhaus has incorporated its knowledge gained through vast experience in door locking technology, to design a product that is able to replace many other brands of multi-point locks, specifically for use in situations where the lock that requires replacing can’t be identified or is obsolete.
Designed around the highly-regarded Thunderbolt 5 Locking System, the Repair Lock has a significantly higher tolerance for door fitting helping reduce both fitting time and on-site errors. Consisting of three parts (central gearbox, upper and lower extensions) to provide maximum flexibility, the extensions can be cropped to fit the existing door sash machining specifications without the need for additional routing to be made.
Key Features of the Winkhaus Repair Lock include:
- Comes with a 20mm wide faceplate and 45mm backset as standard.
- Capable of replacing locks from 1300mm to 2240mm to suit a wide range of door heights.
- Incorporates a 92mm PZ central gearbox which is non-handed and adjustable for lever/lever or Lever Pad applications.
- Central sprung gearbox is tested to 100,000 cycles to provide the lowest possible operating forces and prevent handle “droop.”
- The lock comes plated to comply with the highest corrosion resistance requirement of BS EN 1670 European Standard (Grade 4 – Tested to 240 hours).
*Dual tapered deadbolts
Compatible Keeps with the Winkhaus Universal Repair Lock:
– Adjustable +/- 2mm for ease of installation
– Options to suit doors 44mm/56mm thick
– Different strike plate options to suit many applications.